My users do not have the rights to automatically install security certificates. How do I manually install the KWizCom Client Agent SSL certificates?
To manually install the KWizCom Client Agent SSL certificates, follow these steps:
1. In your system tray, right click the KWizCom Client Agent Icon (the K in the blue circle) and click "Open Certificates Location"
This will open up the certificates folder which contains 4 files:
The "V2" certificates highlighted in orange contain intended purpose information within the certificate. The certificates highlighted in yellow are an older versions of the certificates which do not have this information. Aside from that, there are no other differences. In most cases you will only need to install the two certificates highlighted in orange.
2. Double click on the two certificates that contain "v2" in the name to install the certificates. Both certificates need to be installed. Double clicking on the certificates will open up the installation wizard to proceed with the installation process.
3. When prompted for a password, enter in "kwiz@com1" for the kwizcomselfV2.pfx certificate and "kwizcom" for any of the other certificates.
4. After installing both certificates, you should be able to open the client agent correctly.
The password for the certificates in the article is not the certificates' private key. What you see is the password for the certificate in order to install it. This is different from the certificate's private key which is much more complex and not published anywhere publicly. If your SharePoint site is an HTTPS site, you must have certificate installed.
If you would like to use your own certificate, follow these steps:
1. Right click on the client agent icon and select "Open Certificates Location"
2. Copy your certificate to the folder and name it "certificate.pfx"
3. Create a text file named "certificate_pwd.txt" and enter the password for your certificate.
4. Restart client agent.