The error message "Select items to print." is displayed when you try to print list item using iMUSH printing feature. It happens when you have items selected and even when you select "All items in the current view" options.
- Go to "Actions" menu for a list
- Select "Print" menu item
- Select "All items in the current view" radio button
- Click "OK" button
The error message "Select items to print." is displayed.
The iMush Print feature uses a special folder called “TempFiles” located in “C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web ServerExtensions\,,\LOGS\KWizCom_iMushFeature\” which is used as storage for temporary files. The product uses the application pool account in order to write temporary files to the folder. The application pool user is member of “WSS_WPG” group which needs to have the “WRITE/READ/DELETE” permissions for the folder in order to function correctly.
In order to resolve this issue:
1. Go to the application pool of the current SharePoint web application in the IIS manager.
2. Find the user "WSS_WPG" which you use for the identity and check that the user has administrative rights on the server.
3. If you do not want to provide administrative rights for the user, check that the user has full permissions (Read/Write/Delete) to the LOGS folder and sub folders. (C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web ServerExtensions\,,\LOGS) in the 12, 14 or 15 hive folder for each front end server in your SharePoint farm.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!