- Go to KWizCom web site (http://www.kwizcom.com) and download the latest evaluation version of the product.
- Log in using SharePoint administration account to your SharePoint.
- Backup before any installation/un-installation.
- Un-intall your current-installed version (if you wish to upgrade an existing version to a new version).
- Unzip the product zip file on your SharePoint server.
- Double-click the .msi file in order to begin the installation. Follow installation instructions.
- Perform installation on each front end server in your SharePoint farm.
Installation of KWizCom products on SharePoint 2010/2013 includes Web installer and PowerShell methods. These two methods can also be used to upgrade your products. KWizCom recommends that you use the Web installer method for upgrading and installing your products if possible. If you are not able to use the Web installer, KWizCom recommends you use the PowerShell method instead:
All KWizCom products listed in the SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Apps catalogs are the latest Production versions. All products listed in the SharePoint 2010 beta and SharePoint 2013 beta catalogs are the latest BETA versions. All KWizCom products for the SharePoint 2010 - backward compatibility catalog should be installed as part of the migration process to SharePoint 2013.
1. Download KWizCom Web Installer on your SharePoint environment
2. Run the installer and follow the instructions displayed on the web installer
3. Select the Catalog to download from(Ex: I want Calendar Plus web part for SharePoint 2010, so I would choose the “SharePoint 2010” catalog)
4. Select the KWizCom products you wish to install or upgrade to, Click “Install selected packages” and follow the instructions displayed on the web installer
5. Once the installation process is complete, a confirmation screen will be displayed. If you are upgrading, the utility will automatically retract/delete your current product version and install/deploy your selected products. You can also access the installation files by clicking on the “Open local data folder” link
All products listed on the KWizCom website is the latest Production versions.
Part A: Download component
1. Download the latest version of the KWizCom product that you wish to install. The product package will include a "readme" file, a PowerShell script and 2 components that you need to install:
a. KWizCom product WSP (Ex: KWizCom SharePoint List Aggregator web part v14.4.00.wsp)
b. KWiZCom Foundation WSP (Ex: KWizCom SharePoint Foundation v13.3.72.wsp)
2. Unzip the zip file on your SharePoint server
(unzip into the same folder on your server)
Part B. Install and deploy the product / Upgrade an existing productinstallation
The entire process of installation/deployment of KWizCom WSP's is done automatically by the "SP-WSPsInstaller.ps1" PowerShell script(included in the KWizCom product zip file). This script also upgrade your existing KWizCom products by checking if there is already an existing older version deployed. In such a case, the existing version will be automatically retracted and removed the old product version, and the newer product version will then be installed and deployed.
So, all you have to do is:
1. Make sure that you have un-zipped the KWizCom .WSP files into one folder together with the "SP-WSPsInstaller.ps1" Powershell script file
2. Open the SharePoint Management Shell console, navigate to the folder location with files and the "SP-WSPsInstaller.ps1" script (or simply right-click the"SP-WSPsInstaller.ps1" and select "Run with Powershell")
SharePoint Management Shell console
Run with Powershell
3. The script will then install/upgrade the KWizCom products.
4. To make sure that the installation and deployment process completed successfully, open the Central Admin site, and make sure you see the"KWizCom Products License Management" link in the Central Admin's main page.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!